Hello Alby Community!
Welcome to the 17th edition of Alby Buzz, where you find out about everything new at Alby, the lightning app ecosystem, and are the first to learn about what's coming next.
- LDK Node was announced, a ready-to-go lightning node library built using LDK and BDK.
- Voltage released Surge tool for lightning network node management.
- Boltz introduced a new web app, bringing together liquid & bitcoin mainchain swaps under one roof, enabling swaps to taproot addresses & more.
- Greenlight, a Lightning node in the cloud, is now available as free and open-source software.
- Lightning Labs published a technical overview of virtual PSBTs in the Taproot Assets Protocol
- A early version of CivKit Node is now available. It is a Nostr relay for lightning network onion messages as a first step towards a peer-to-peer electronic market system.
- In version 0.9.0 Eclair has implemented dual-funded channels, splicing and offers.
- Gaming studio THNDR announced a THNDR avatars allowing users to collect avatar assets and combine them to create their own identity across the THNDR ecosystem.
- Terminal Web got an upgrade. Node operators who manage multiple nodes can now create a node group on Terminal.
- BitKit received an update. Apart from bug fixes this update introduced improvements such as managing transaction tags (e.g. labelling transactions).
- A new BTCPay Server major release is here including a form builder drag and drop UI, a custom role system and the possibility to hide sensitive information.
- Robosats v0.5.1 is available with many UX improvements for the web app and a refactoring of the Android app.
Meet new Nostr apps
- Advanced Nostr Search, a tool to search Nostr notes.
- Zebedee added Nostr to their app and released a social media functionality.
- Zapllife - Real-time feed for Nostr zaps.
- Nostrss provides a bridge between RSS feeds and Nostr protocol.
Alby Partnership Announcement: Accelerating Podcasting 2.0 with Podcast Guru
Alby entered into a partnership with Podcast Guru; a free podcast player clean and easy-to-use with a full podchaser integration. The app is available for iOS and Android. Podcast Guru is a strong supporter of Podcasting 2.0 and now also Value 4 Value (V4V) enabled by integrating bitcoin payments via the lightning network. Listeners that toped up their Alby wallet with bitcoin are now able to directly support their favorite podcasts shows with just one tap while listening.
Primal Unveils One-Tap Zaps: Seamless Zaps using WebLN & Alby
Primal.Net, the social media client built on Nostr, has recently introduced an exciting integration of WebLN, enabling users of bitcoin lightning wallets such as Alby to seamlessly one-tap zap.. Offering users a frictionless experience. Let's delve into how this integration enhances the social media experience for Primal users.
Seamless Zaps in Nostur with Alby and NWC
Nostur is a mobile app for microblogging for iOS. Alby Account users can now zap directly in Nostur without leaving the app to send a zap based on Nostr Wallet Connect (NWC). With NWC, users can effortlessly link any lightning wallet and make native payments within apps. This eliminates the need for users to switch between different contexts or open separate apps solely for sending payments.
Where to meet the Alby team
- Are you looking to add lightning functionality to your web and AI project? Attend Coding with WebLN by Bumi, the co-founder of Alby, at the AI4ALL Tournament on Wednesday July 5.
- Meet Roland at the Bitcoin Thailand Conference in Bangkok on July 15-16.
That's it from the hive this month. For more, visit our website and follow Alby on Twitter and Nostr*. We love your feedback! Big or small, feature requests or bug reports, we read them all! Please visit the feedback board to help us out.
*Our Nostr pubkey: npub1getal6ykt05fsz5nqu4uld09nfj3y3qxmv8crys4aeut53unfvlqr80nfm