Hello Alby Community!
Welcome to the 14th edition of Alby Buzz, where you find out about everything new at Alby, the lightning app ecosystem, and are the first to learn about what's coming next.
News from the bitcoin lightning app ecosystem
- BoltCard Wallet launched a new LNDhub-based wallet
- The Bitfinex team working on RGB released an RGB-enabled Lightning node based on the Lightning Development Kit (LDK)
- Wolf announced the first cohort of teams working on lightning projects
- Speed Bitcoin POS launched, a mobile app providing a lightning payment-based point-of-sale solution
- Nodeless.io launched, a service to accept lightning payments focused on e-commerce
- VIDA is working on a WebLN integration into their platform to allow users to pay with any wallet without scanning QR codes.
- LDK published its roadmap for 2023 with many highly relevant improvements for lightning node operators.
- Gigi published an interesting article about Lightning Prisms - a way to programmatically split lightning payments.
- THNDR Games launched Bitcoin Blocks a new mobile game
- XAPO offers lightning payments, through a partnership with Lightspark
- Block launched c =, a lightning service provider (LSP) and routing node
News from the Nostr app ecosystem
- Kollider launched a subscription-based relay
- LNBits announced 3 new extensions: Nostr Market, Nostr Client and Nostr Relay
- Nostr Nests is a new audio space for chatting, brainstorming, debating, jamming, micro-conferences and more
- Written a self-hosted blog using nostr long-form content (NIP-23) is out. Try the demo
- Blowater is a new web client focusing on chat
And if you want to have an overview of existing Nostr apps, check out nostr-ings.
Nostr Hack & Design announced the winners
From Wednesday 10th to the 24th of March 139 makers participated in the hackathon. In the end, 51 projects were registered. An amazing number.
Alby was a proud supporter of this hackathon and René and Roland from the Alby team gave a presentation about Nostr + Lightning: Building payments into your Nostr Applications
Stay tuned for the announcement of the winners.
Paid audio content without barriers
One-time payments for "Pay-per-listen" experiences in podcasting have not been feasible across podcast apps until today.
Based on the Open Content Payment Spec podcasters are able to distribute paid content with public podcast feeds making it visible and easily accessible to any user of any podcast app.
BlueWallet & Alby - how to switch LNDhub
BlueWallet is terminating its LNDhub service within its mobile app. However, many users connected their BlueWallet LNDhub account to the Alby browser extension. This blog post helps you to find a new home for your bitcoins on the lightning network.
What's new in Alby
The latest release of the Alby browser extension is full of UX improvements. Alby is available in Finish, Czech and Danish languages. The Nostr key management, the outgoing transaction list and the navigation in the extension received an upgrade as well.
Thanks to Luke Jones you can now support your favorite publisher on Substack. If you are a creator on Substack all you need is to add the link of your personal Alby page (https://getalby.com/p/username) to your Substack bio. Check out Luke's profile here.
That's it from the hive this month. For more, visit our website and follow Alby on Twitter. We love your feedback! Big or small, feature requests or bug reports, we read them all! Please visit the feedback board to help us out.